Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

MOSS 2007 and RSS 2005 Integration

Asked By: Melanie    Date: Apr 05    Category: MOSS    Views: 604

I have a Windows 2008 SP2 web front end and a Windows 2003 SQL Reporting Services Server configured with a Sharepoint integrated database. I've also installed the SRSS for Sharepoint add-in on the web front end. I have activated the Report Server Integration Feature within my site collection. The problem is that when I try to create a new Report Data Source, I get an error page stating "An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode."
The same process works on a second Web App that is published on a different web front end running on Windows 2003.
When I installed the SRSS add-in on the Windows 2008 server, it kept erroring out until I installed it using msiexec /i path SKIPCA=1, so I'm not real confident that the add-in is working properly on the Windows 2008 server. But it is the only version I could find for SQL 2005.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Glenda Roth     Answered On: Apr 05

After you extracted the files did you run the rsCustomAction.exe to actually perform the installation?

How to: Install the Reporting Services Add-in (look at the Files-Only Mode section)

You can refer to this blog posting also (even though it is for SSRS 2008) - SSRS 2008 SharePoint Add in installation on Windows Server 2008 HowTo

From the sounds of it you only completed the first step of the manual process

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on MOSS 2007 and RSS 2005 Integration Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: