Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Moderators

Asked By: Alexandria    Date: Feb 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 653

Could the moderators of Sharepoint Forum can block some of the spam mail that is flooding from list?

Share: 

8 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: Feb 17

I am moderator on a number of Sharepoint forum  at my company and I used captcha to control forum post, thats way Spammer can easily be avoided.

Answer #2    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Feb 17

I have created a IsBadWords() Filter method in Sharepoint Forum Post section. Each time user is trying to post any message this function validates for bad words and its working great for me so far.

Answer #3    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Feb 17

Spam is always a problem on unmoderated lists. We could move the list  to being moderated, but there are down sides to that too – especially since it would slow down considerably the rate at which members are able to interact and emails would go out only when Todd or I were able to read and approve them. Given our schedules, that would really injure the list because we would be tardy on our work.

As for moderating new members only, this would increase my administrative time quite a bit and I just don’t have the time to do this. We do ask people to not spam to this list, but some ignore this request and do it anyways. We do ban these members, but new spammers seem delighted to join and spam us.

I’m open to other ideas, if anyone cares to join in the conversation.

Answer #4    Answered By: Katy Patton     Answered On: Feb 17

The only thing I can think of is to do what a couple of us have done elsewhere

- open a ‘dummy’ group to compare joins with between the two

- set both to moderator approved joins

- If a join request comes to both at the same time, it is deny/banned

Answer #5    Answered By: Ana Payne     Answered On: Feb 17

Why don't you just give a volunteer moderator rights and then that person can authorize all the new members and boot all the spammers.

Answer #6    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: Feb 17

I agree, there are quite a few 'old timers' who could be trusted to review the new members to help with the spamming.

Answer #7    Answered By: Lacey Daniels     Answered On: Feb 17

I’ve added three more people yesterday as moderators.

Answer #8    Answered By: Megan Martin     Answered On: Feb 17

In my company I came across similar situation, and what i did was to create one Moderation Page, wherein every new entry are verified by dedicated moderators. If post is valid/real than only it was been posted to Forum.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Moderators Or get search suggestion and latest updates.