Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Missing option under site collection policy

Asked By: Urjita    Date: Apr 11    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1288

I need to know why I only have the “delete” option under “Expiration” when I create a new site collection policy.

How can I add more options, like archive?

And how can I include a workflow under the “start this workflow” option?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Anthony Rutledge     Answered On: Apr 11

Take a look at the "Introduction to Information Policy" section on MSDN: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms499244.aspx, as well as how to use the Records Center as a record repository for archived items: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa981237.aspx.

If you want to start a workflow, you need to make sure that workflow  has been installed at the scope you're setting the policy. If you want to assign a policy  at the Site Collection level, the Workflow needs to be available in the root of the Site Collection. Otherwise, the Workflow needs to be assigned to the List you're creating the Policy in. For example, if you go to SharePoint Designer and create  a new workflow and attach it to a particular list, if you try to create and Expiration information policy on that list, you'll now see the SharePoint Designer workflow as one of the options.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Missing option under site collection policy Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: