Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Missing List

Asked By: Mrigendra    Date: Jun 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1338

I currently have "full control" of a sharepoint site. So far I have locked myself out of a list ( I have access now) but now I somehow deleted a calendar list? It disappeared from the Quick Launch and I am denied access when I input URL. I don't know how this even happened. How could it be removed from the quick launch without me knowing. I know this may sound silly but if anyone has an idea please help and let me know.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Tasha Willis     Answered On: Jun 16

My IT guy fixed it and I have no idea  how it happened. I hate Sharepoint.

It's not that I hate it, but it is marketed as an easy tool that can be utilized by all and it is not an easy tool and
there IS a learning curve. People need training and that is where more money is made for microsoft, there is also SO much missing, there is NO flexibility
for a non admin user. It is a complete environment that has to be learned. It's just not as easy as the sales people claim.

Answer #2    Answered By: Tasha Willis     Answered On: Jun 16

I havent yet tried anything similar in MOSS 2007, but are probably going to in the new 6 months.

My approach would be that alle my pagelayouts were using content types that derived from a common base content type, that included columns fro meta-description and derived from page.

Then i would build a webcontrol that checked if the page in context were using a content type that derived from my base content type.

If that was the case i would simply output the meta data in the render method.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Missing List Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: