MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Migration of Document Repository from Documentum to MOSS2007

Asked By: Johanna    Date: Mar 13    Category: MOSS    Views: 927

I am looking for migrating my current document repository in documentum to MOSS 2007.

I have questions like:

1) In documentum, we have the docbase, cabinet etc, where the documents are stored. what's the counterpart from MOSS2007 side? Can SPFolder serve as a robust document repository?
2) In documentum, each file has its own unique identifier (object id) using this Id you can uniquely identify a file. Even MOSS 2007 SPFile.UniqueId serves the purpose but I haven’t found a way by which I can access or download the file from MOSS by that uniqueid (and not by file name).
3)Is there any utility available to perform this activity without much manual intervention?

4) What are the best practices for document repository migration from documentum to MOSS 2007

5) In MOSS2007, is there a way for storing custom document metadata along with the document?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ashton Schroeder     Answered On: Mar 13

There are 3rd party tools that support migration  from non-Microsoft platforms to SharePoint. These tools support migration from systems mentioned in this thread.

For a list of tools - check out the vendors listed under "Migration Partners" - msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905505.aspx

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.