Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Migrate Exchange Public Folders to SharePoint Online

Asked By: Antonio    Date: May 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2802

Can any one suggest me or guide me the step by step procedure to do migration between Exchange Public folder to SharePoint

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Share: 

7 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Clark Hill     Answered On: Oct 13

Public Folders in Real Life
Public folders have been a part of Exchange since its initial release; they provide a multiple-master replication model for storing and replicating content between multiple servers. When you take a close look at their functionality, they have only a few basic uses:

Archiving or sharing of email. I use public folders to hold reader mail, and many companies use public folders to capture the contents of Internet mailing lists or other information sources that they want to keep around.

File sharing and Microsoft Office document storage. In this storage role, public folders are used as a place to keep documents so that they’re accessible to multiple people without using a file server. In addition, the documents can be replicated to a server close to the end user, which is often important in large organizations.

Team calendar and contact sharing. In this collaborative role, public folders are used to store contact and calendar data so that it’s available to multiple users.

A platform for applications. These applications are typically based on custom forms that are filled out and stored in public folders; most of the applications now in use were developed some years ago when Microsoft was still stressing this capability.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Migrate Exchange Public Folders to SharePoint Online Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: