Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

How to mention "linked server" in ADF

Asked By: Anderson    Date: Aug 24    Category: MOSS    Views: 770

1. I've MOSS and SQL Server 2005 database in the same server say ServerA. I've established a linked server to ServerB which is also running SQL Server 2005.
2. I have tested by running a query which looks someting like this. This pulls data from ServerB.
select

* from LinkedServerName.MyDatabase.dbo.MyTable

3. Now, I want to create my ADF to establish a connection to this linked server.

How do I mention the Linked Server Name, and Database in ADF. I'm using Windows Authentication.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Maura Durham     Answered On: Aug 24

Based on my research, the Linked server  could not be enumerated by Microsoft Business Data Catalog Definition Editor tool included in SharePoint Server 2007 SDK: Software Development Kit.
I think it should be not easy to access the Linked Server from ADF file.

A general idea is that access the Linked Server (ServerA in your issue) from BDC Definition Editor tool directly and use connections of the BDC web parts if you need access from different Database server.

If you are not familiar with Microsoft Business Data Catalog Definition Editor tool, you could get more information from:
· Creating a Database Connection by Using the Business Data Catalog Definition Editor
· Video: Integrating Line-of-Business Data and Applications into Your Enterprise Portal (Level 200)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to mention "linked server" in ADF Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: