Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Mass Import of Documents from a File Share and Other Stuf

Asked By: Charmaine    Date: Dec 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2477

1. We need to import thousands to documents into SharePoint, and since document libraries have a limit on the maximum number of documents per document library, we'd need to import them into multiple document libaries. What is the best way to upload a mass number of documents from a file share into SharePoint document libraries? And how would we do it if we have customized metadata and would like that information to tranfer as well?

2. I've followed all instructions to get the pdf icon to display in document libraries, but it still doesn't display in WSS. What am I missing? I've copied the icon to the images folder on the server and edited the docicon.xml file. I've also performed an iis reset.

3. I installed the Adobe iFilter to index pdf files. Now my WSS sites indexes properly. How do I get the portal site to search index the pdf documents in the WSS sites when I perform a portal search?

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Dec 15

You may want to look into Bulk Loader from Syntergy. I came across it when looking at some of their other products a few months ago, and it seems like it might meet your requirements.

Answer #2    Answered By: Dameon Dejesus     Answered On: Dec 15

The K-Wise Deployer is another good bulk upload  tool.

Answer #3    Answered By: Tejaswani Barve     Answered On: Dec 15

what are the main benefits of using these products versus a cut/paste operation in Explorer view?

Answer #4    Answered By: Harshita Padwal     Answered On: Dec 15

This tool does many-to-many relationships. You can move documents  from multiple  sources to multiple targets in one administrative action. And you can map existing document  metadata to columns in a document library.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Mass Import of Documents from a File Share and Other Stuf Or get search suggestion and latest updates.