Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Mapping Profile fields to Custom Connection (BDC)

Asked By: Alvin    Date: Nov 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1235

We are running our primary profile import from AD and this is working. I have some additional attributes that are exposed through the BDC (via aweb service call). The BDC application is available and working, and domain users has permissions. I've created a Custom Connection to expose the data from the BDC.

When I attempt to map the profile field to the custom connection though I see the following on the left column

"Note: The selection of directory service properties is disabled because the portal is in an untrusted domain or no directory service import is configured yet."

I'm familiar with that problem for the main import, where the Farm Admin account credentials have to be supplied. In this case both Domain Users and Authenticated Users have permission and there is no place to set the account to use on the Custom Connection configuration.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: David Brown     Answered On: Nov 02

Looks like the problem  was on the import connection  side. I had it setup for 1:1 mapping  instead of 1:many. Once the config was changed the trust message went away and the field  listing was enabled, allowing me to map  the fields.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Mapping Profile fields to Custom Connection (BDC) Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: