Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Managing Users in Sharepoint Portal

Asked By: Eliezer    Date: Oct 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 925

I have deployed, created portal sites using administrator account in my machine.I have also created Team sites in the sharepoint server using the same
administrator account.
I have two types of intranet users in my organisation. Most of them logged in as a domain users. Rest of the users have their separate domain where they are the domain controller and they logged in as administrator.

Network Details

Domain 1: Domain 1: Domain 2: Domain 3:
Machine1 (Domain users) Machine1(domain controller) Machine1(domain controller) Machine1(domain controller)
Machine2 (Domain users)
Machine3 (Domain users)
Machine4 (Domain users)
Machine5 (Domain users)
Machine78(Share Point server machine)

Iam able to control the access of the domain users by assigning them as the 'Reader' group but these domain controllers are getting complete access to the share point server(administrator group). They are able to control the whole sharepoint portal sites.
How can i restrict the access to those domain controllers also?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: M Juarez     Answered On: Oct 26

sounds like you have a trust relationship between the 2 domains, but nevertheless - SPPS and WSS automatically give any member of the "local administrator"s group  Administrative access  over spps(back door functionality. i highly reccoment that you search for YASPQ or buy the SPPS resource kit book. there are a lot of catch's like that!

-we have the same issue, so much for confidential documents~

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Managing Users in Sharepoint Portal Or get search suggestion and latest updates.