Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Mailing for any changes

Asked By: Jeramy    Date: Jan 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 587

I have my tasks and any other list configured for automatic email alerts for any changes and the sites and servers still don't send this automatic emails, they only send emails when I manually send alerts from the sites.

Wonder what else can I do?

Using: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
SMTP server: IIS 6.0 SMTP service from the front-end web server, we don't have exchange, we use a third party email service.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Aditiya Kapale     Answered On: Jan 29

I've already solved it, did the following:

Really, the problem was with the smtp  and pop3 servers  from my mail service  provider, so I just used the generic smtp and pop servers.

In IIS 6.0, Virtual SMTP server  properties, relay options, set to only allow the following servers on the list  to relay smtp, and type my servers IP address.
Then, on the delivery tab set the outgoing mail security, set the account for the basic authentication with my mail address and password to use for sending mail.
On the outgoing connections, set the port to use, may be 25 or 587, depending on your network and firewall settings, also verify with provider.
On the advanced tab, set the FQDN of the server to use to send  and use this Virtual SMTP Server in the "Complete Domain Name" textbox, and on the Host type in your service provider's smtp server, example: smtp.server.com.
Verify that the authentication in the access tab is set to annonimous.
Remember to also configure your secure TLS for transmitting according to the account's configuration, some may need it and some don't, confirm with provider.
Test it with telnet.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Mailing for any changes Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: