Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Macintosh Access

Asked By: Angelo    Date: Nov 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 720

From what I can tell, Microsoft only supports Windows 98 or above with IE 5.01 or Netscape 6.2. Is that the truth, or will they support more than that on sharepoint?

I have a large installed user base of Macintosh, both OS9 and OSX. I have seen good results with Mozilla, but IE, Safari and Netscape seem to consistently give authentication errors. Does anyone else have any experience with Sharepoint on the Mac?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Terrell Bates     Answered On: Nov 13

We have a decent Mac user  group. We have SPS2001 in production and are about 2 months away from a 2003 migration. In sps2001 I've seen more than just authentication  issues. The look-n-feel is different too. In SPS2003 I am not sure yet. What do you want to know?

Answer #2    Answered By: Wilson Bryan     Answered On: Nov 13

Basically any info you can give  me about problems that you have had with Macs is good. We support  about 2500 Macs right now and that will be growing…

We have SPS2003, so I understand that some of the issues may have been fixed in that release. What are the major issues that you have seen?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Macintosh Access Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: