Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Lookups as Checkbox and not drop down

Asked By: Enrique    Date: Aug 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3185

Is there a way that I can change the format of the lookup field to allow checkboxes instead of drop down? I need to allow multiple selections for a list, but I don’t want to manage the data in two places. It would be ideal if the lookup could be formatted to allow multiple selections.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kent Harmon     Answered On: Aug 13

I'm not aware of a direct way to accomplish this but you could use the SP Object Model to synchronize the items in a choice field  with items from a list. Choice and lookup  fields are implemented quite differently. The choice field actually stores the selected value (or values if formatted  to multiple  selections) as a string while the lookup field only stores a long pointer back to the original list  item. This creates another significant difference between the two field types: a value selected from a choice field will not change  even if the selected choice is renamed or removed from the list while the a lookup field always reflects the value that is stored in the list so if the list item is renamed the new value is what appears in the property. Hopefully this is helpfull and I didn't ramble on too far from the question.

Answer #2    Answered By: Artem Lavriv     Answered On: Oct 12

Try this:
http://www.sparqube.com/sharepoint-lookup-column/
It allows to edit lookup value by check boxes or dropdown checkboxes.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Lookups as Checkbox and not drop down Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: