Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Linking document/image libraries in different areas

Asked By: Kerry    Date: Jul 22    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 7252

I have created two sub-areas called "Technical Resources" and "Design Resources" each with document libraries called "Technical Document Library" and "Design Document Library". Each of these is on a separate sub-area within a team site. Each of these sub-areas contains their own news, contacts, links lists etc.

I want to create an additional area where both document libraries are viewed, this should be created as a link to the existing libraries themselves and not the pages where the libraries are stored.

Can anybody help?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Moises Harrington     Answered On: Jul 22

I'm not quite sure of your structure. You are mixing 'sites' and 'areas'. I think what you are saying in the second sentence is that each of these is in a sub-area  in a team  area (??) since you can't create areas  off of sites. Am I correct? Or are you using the site  Directory template on an area  to create  a team site and then have sub-sites off of that? These are two different scenarios and your solution will be dependent upon which you have used.

Answer #2    Answered By: Kory Brock     Answered On: Jul 22

Check out this article by Ted Teng on MSD2D.com which explains how to display lists/libraries from one library  in another. I think the second view may be a read only view, but I’m not sure as I have not tried it yet.

www.msd2d.com/.../Tip_viewitem_03.aspx%20Parts&id=66b9f0e6-516c-4d36-afb7-ba57bf978c05

Also, www.corasworks.com sells a web part that can “roll up” the content from various lists/libraries into another list or library in a different area  or site.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Linking document/image libraries in different areas Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: