Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Link Groups

Asked By: Sidney    Date: May 11    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1924

Created a webpart for various links within the organization. The problem is it is simply overwhelming and I need some structure. What I'd like is to place these links into groups that can be clicked and expand the list of available links. Take a look at the following example for the "Finance Team" web part sharepointcustomization.com/finance/default.aspx

Anyone with a link to a write up on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Karl Reid     Answered On: May 11

Either the solution to this could be very simple as I am about to suggest or I may have mis-understood the question.

If you wish to group your links  into several categories so that you have the expand  collapse capability, you can simply add columns based on those categories in the link  web part.
Now create a grouped view based on the category and where ever you wish to display the grouped listing, modify the web  part to use that particular view.

It should do the trick.

Answer #2    Answered By: Lionel Phelps     Answered On: May 11

Found the answer to my question last month and wanted to share with the group. If you are experiencing lists that are getting out of control and need some assistance in guiding your visitors to the correct location this is for you. Very good write  up. Worth the 30 minutes it takes to pull together a sample

www.sharepointcustomization.com/.../...igation.htm

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Link Groups Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: