MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Licenses for Developers

  Asked By: Sherri    Date: Aug 27    Category: MOSS    Views: 935

We are in the process of setting up stand-alone systems (actually, virtual
machine images) for developers which include MOSS, SharePoint Designer, VS
2008, and Office 2007. A question has come up as to what licenses are
needed for the products in a "dev" setting.

What do you do about such licenses?



2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Glenda Roth     Answered On: Aug 27

We normally get an MSDN subscription. These licenses can be used for Dev, but
not production. You will need one license per virtual machine used by each

Answer #2    Answered By: Jada Clemons     Answered On: Aug 27

To set up developers environment, what licenses you need depends on if your
company is MS partner (Registered, Certified or Gold Certified) or end

If first, look at benefits, comes with partner program.

If not, you can buy MSDN licenses (FAQ about MSDN you can find at
msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa948864.aspx), which will be
enough for dev environment.

MSDN licenses are single user licenses, so every developer needs its own.
You may not use this software in production environment.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Licenses for Developers Or get search suggestion and latest updates.