Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Launch Condition for Sharepoint Installed

Asked By: Karissa    Date: May 31    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 922

I have identical launch conditions set up on two VS2005 setup projects for an application. One x86 and the other x64. The registry search checks this key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0" to make sure the value SharePoint="Installed". The check works fine on the 32 bit Windows Server 2003 machine and the application is installed.

On the 64 bit Windows Server 2008 machine my error message is displayed as if the check failed. I can see the key present with SharePoint="Installed" in the registry.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Deven Gajjar     Answered On: May 31

If your Setup project build as 32 bit, it will be searching the "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0" in the Wow6432Node folder of HKLM\Software. Unfortunately 64 bit  windows will not be having that path in it. So your Launch condition  will always fail.

For a work around, You may try a File search  in the Search Target Machine and can point the Microsoft.SharePoint.dll

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Launch Condition for Sharepoint Installed Or get search suggestion and latest updates.