Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

KPI List column limits

Asked By: Jeana    Date: Sep 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2145

Is there a limit to the number of columns that a KPI list is pointed at? I have a rather large list with quite a few views that stopped allowing me to point KPI's against it. I started with a list that had ~50 columns in it, and everything was working fine. I then added another 40 columns (total of 89) and about another 15 views (total of 27) and now I am not able to add new KPI's that use the 'Calculations based off fields in a view' (third radio button, its grayed out). The columns and views I added are just repitition of the same columns before, I just didn't create the other columns at first because they were for a mock up. KPI's that were working before still work, but I cannot create any new ones. I have double checked that the new views I am selecting have number columns (originally they just had calculated number columns, but I added the raw number columns with no change). There doesn't appear to be any difference between the new columns and the old ones other than the addition of the new fields and views.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gaurav Ghosh     Answered On: Sep 17

I found the problem. The issue was due to the default view  of the list  not having the numeric columns  in it even though the view I was selecting  in the View dropdown had the columns in it. It appears that the list of columns in the 'Calculations based  off fields  in a view' is only built once during the entire lifecycle of the page. To fix it I added  the columns to the default view, created my KPI's, and then removed them from the default view.

I also ran into an issue when trying to save the KPI. It was some generic error above the selected column  that said something to the effect of 'an error occured while saving the list'. That was fixed by removing the default view from the list url path.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on KPI List column limits Or get search suggestion and latest updates.