Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to use KPI to display multi-level financial budget?

Asked By: Bradley    Date: Feb 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1145

I have a question when I am using the KPI to demonstrate financial data for my organisation. What I want to see is:

Project Managers (PA) will be able to view Project task costs: PTA,PTB,PTC.
Portfolio Managers (A) will be able to view Projects budget: PA, PB,PC,PD, which is sum-up value of each task.
Top Level Managers will see overall budgets of four portfolios : A,B,C,D, which is the sum-up value of each portfolios.

So, I have created a KPI to display financial data in Portfolio Managers' level, which is a sum value of the KPI Value indicating the acutal cost of each project, and it is working fine.
However, the question is if I can sum of the portfolio budget and pass its value to the Top level Manager, and make sure they can see the total budget of the portfolios?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Edgardo Atkins     Answered On: Feb 14

Can you just put all your project  tasks in one task  list? Create a view  for each project, i.e., 5 project task views in total. And create one KPI list. The 5 project level  indicators can be based on these project task views. And the program level indicator can be based on all list item view. Since you don’t have indicator on indicators now, you don’t have to use the manual update rules.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to use KPI to display multi-level financial budget? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: