MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Where are the KN install files?

Asked By: Jeramy    Date: Mar 27    Category: MOSS    Views: 698

I attended a MOSS training course (MS 5061) this week with a Microsoft certified training provider and now I'm totally confused about the current status of KN.

After reading the announcement on this forum and various blogs - Bob Fox, etc - I'd formed the impression that the release of KN had been postponed and that the install files are no longer available. My trainer assured me that this isn't the case and that KN ships in the box with MOSS 2007. The Microsoft courseware also implied that the product had shipped and is ready to use in production.

The MOSS administrator's companion, in the section entitled 'Installing and Configuring Knowledge Network for SharePoint Server 2007' states:
Installing Knowledge Network
Start the installer by clicking KNServer.msi.

In the Knowledge Network window, click Start.

In the End-User License Agreement window, read the license agreement and then click I Accept.

In the Server Type window, click Install and allow the application to finish.

After installation is complete, click Close.

Repeat steps 1 through 3 on every server in the Office Server Farm.

But it says nothing about where to obtain said .msi file.

So my questions are:
Does KN ship in the box with MOSS 2007?
If so, where are the installation files?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Miranda Scott     Answered On: Mar 27

Thanks , didnt mean to come off sounding like " hey this guy dont know what he's talking about" This topic though im sure has caused quite a bit of confusion so my comment should not be taken to infer anything like that.

If your MCT i know there is some internal pipeline you guys use so please do put that word out to the other MCT's giving this same course.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Where are the KN install files? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.