Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Issues rendering SSRS 2005 reports, deployed in SP integrated mode, MOSS2007, from extranet sit

Asked By: Bradley    Date: Jul 06    Category: MOSS    Views: 1132

Client runs MOSS2007 on one server and SQL 2005, RS instance on another server.

User log into MOSS with a forms based authentication

Reports can be accessed and render fine when accessed while inside LAN / VPN

Reports list is displayed when accessed while outside LAN, but as soon as the report is select to be run, the following message is displayed:

Unable to connect to the remote server
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xxx.xx.xxx:8888

We have tried:

Made sure that the report server port is open for external access, gave the reportserver (on the SQL 2005 Server) an external URL. I can access the reports externally directly via the reportserver URL, but as soon as I try to run them via the SP webparts, I get the above error message.

If this is an alternative access mapping problem, how do we point public URL to an internal URL for the reportserver?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kacie Calhoun     Answered On: Jul 06

Go to start > administration tools > services > SQL Server Reporting Services (the instance name) to check if this service is running. If no, start it and try again. If yes, try to open the report server (the name from the above service name) to see if you have proper permission to this report server.

Also, report server supports SharePoint default zone only.