Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

InterNet Sites Built In WSS or SPS

Asked By: Krista    Date: Jul 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1081

I have been asked to take screen shots of sites built on wss and sps for various combinations of OS and Browsers using BrowserCam.com.

The issue is that my intranet sites do not open in this service for whatever reason.

It would be of great help if you could give me sites on internet built on sps , wss 2003 and if possible sites on sps 2007.

Just one or two urls would be of great help.

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Cory Brooks     Answered On: Jul 07

The Windows Vista web site is built  on MOSS 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista

Answer #2    Answered By: Ruth George     Answered On: Jul 07

You sure about that? I know they are evaluating it for many of their public facing sites, but they haven’t reached that point yet. First, there’s no distinctive /pages in the URL. Second, if you look at the source, there’s no IE55UP.js/IE50UP.js file in the source which all MOSS sites  will have.

Here’s a MOSS 2007 site:

http://www.hedkandi.com

Answer #3    Answered By: Peter Peterson     Answered On: Jul 07

I thought it was at the time of Tech 2006 when Jim Masson did his OFC323 presentation but that could have changed. At the time, it was hosted at www.windowsvista.com and that is now redirected…so not sure anymore or it was strictly only his demo.

Answer #4    Answered By: Kalyan Pujari     Answered On: Jul 07

I was in the same session… all Jim did was create a site that used the same UI, images and stylesheet… it was the “sexy” site at that time so he used it in his demo. So he was just showing “see, you can make a REAL internet  site with MOSS now”… but that was never a real site, just a sample.

Answer #5    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Jul 07

I know they demoed the Vista site as being on MOSS at TechEd. They showed how it was built  and everything. After I saw that I remember hitting the site and trying to find any MOSS type URLs and not finding any. Not sure what to make of it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on InterNet Sites Built In WSS or SPS Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: