Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Integrated Sharepoint Mode - Reporting Server with a pointer

Asked By: Celia    Date: Oct 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 781

We have cteated a pointer to our server so the users can just type that name in their browser and get to our server default web page (which is the sharepoint master page)... Now, the problem is that when they try to view the report, they get a 'file not found' error because it tries to find the report in
'pointername/reports/report.rdl' instead of 'reportingserver/reports/report.rdl'.... Please let me know if there is any work around to get this working... If I manually change the 'pointername' to 'reportingserver' in the browser, it works fine...

Just FYI: I have wss 3.0, VS2005, Server 2003, in case it matters........ Let me know if you need any other information to be able to help me out here

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rosalinda Merrill     Answered On: Oct 20

I think I figured out a workaround... Please let me know if there's a better way to do it though..

I created another page  under the master  page... Gave it the exact same rights, look and feel of the master page and have the master page redirect to the new page with the link hardcoded to 'warehouse_server/newpage'... Now I am deploying my reports to this instead of that and everything is looking ok so far....