MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Installing SSRS 2005 Add-in for SharePoint on Win 2008

Asked By: Lucas    Date: Dec 08    Category: MOSS    Views: 1052

I am having all sorts of issues installing SSRS 2005 add-in for SharePoint on Windows 2008 server. Details are as following:

Server 1 (Win 2008 Standard SP2): MOSS 2007 SP2 (64-bit) + SSRS 2005 component of SQL Server
Server 2 (Win 2008 Standard SP2): SQL Server 2005 SP2 Standard (64-bit) + MOSS 2007 SP2 WFE. The server is successfully joined to the farm (shows in CA).

When I install the add-in on the MOSS server, it rolls back. The logs say "SSRSCustomActionError: SharePoint is installed, but not configured.". After digging in the forums and Microsoft documentation, I was able to install the add-in (9.00.3294 build) using command lines "msiexec /i SharePointRS_x64.msi SKIPCA=1" and "rscustomaction.exe /i". However, if I were to go to the SSRS Configuration Tool, it errored out upon start up with a "ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.WMIProviderException: A WMI error has occured...". I uninstalled the add-in and tried other later add-in builds, but they all rolled back during the installation. I am installing the add-in using farm admin account, I made sure that reporting services service is started.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Christen Roberson     Answered On: Dec 08

Can you check whether "Report Server Integration Feature" is enabled or not. If not please enable.

There was a similar thread dbaspot.com/.../...repoint-reporting-services.html

As you are installing  on win  2008 can you also check these configuration

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159704.aspx (Administration Problems on Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Installing SSRS 2005 Add-in for SharePoint on Win 2008 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.