Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

InfoPath Browser Enabled Forms

Asked By: Daniel    Date: Jun 24    Category: MOSS    Views: 13039

Hi everyone,

I am a SharePoint 2007 designer (non-code developer). I have created an infoPath 2007 browser enabled form and ensure the form library is configured to display as a webpage under advanced settings. I created a workflow IAW this video from youtube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbgPRD0XQac&feature=feedf).

The workflow works perfectly. However, the email I receive contains a link that ends in .xml which unfortunately, when clicked on, opens the form directly in InfoPath vice the browser. I then found this article www.bizsupportonline.net/.../...h-browser-form.htm and it does not completely work for me. Step 13 seems a little vague since it does not say where to pull in the data.

Essentially, what I need to do is create an email that contains the link to the form so it opens in a browser for a person to view and a 2nd link that takes them to the current item to allow them to edit the item, i.e. click approved or rejected and provide any comments.

I do not have site collection admin permissions or access to the servers to update the task email template so I am trying to do this as a site owner without modifying any pre-existing templates. I do have SharePoint 2007 Designer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Daniel Schank     Answered On: Jun 24

I found the answer in this article msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms772417.aspx

To use a URL with the OpenIn=Browser parameter
Create a form template and upload it to a new form library.

Create a form that is based on that form template and save it as "Form1" in the library.

Enter the following URL, inserting actual values for the placeholder values:

http://ServerName/sites/SiteCollection/FormLibrary/Form1.xml?OpenIn=Browser

or

http://ServerName/sites/SiteCollection/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XmlLocation=~sitecollection/FormLibrary/Form1.xml&OpenIn=Browser

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on InfoPath Browser Enabled Forms Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: