MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Info path issue

Asked By: Akhila    Date: Jan 18    Category: MOSS    Views: 978

I am getting below error while opening from portal site . i tried many ways i did not find solution .

Error :

Info path can not open the following file : name.xml

infopath cannot open the file . to fix the issue contact your administrator .

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Christian Waters     Answered On: Jan 18

I got a same Issue. I could not open  the existing forms on my portal(Library). This happened when I publish the form on the library with the same name. when the form got activated to the site. I could not open the existing forms on My portal.

To resolve the Issue the sharepoint server should have a restoration capabilities. In my case I did not have a restoration capablities.

We might get error  because when we publish the forms on library. The fields in the template might get kickoff with the old template.

Answer #2    Answered By: Virendar Bahudur     Answered On: Jan 18

To open  the form on the portal. We have a option on the dropdown of the form name. where we can open in Edit in infopath option. some time form wont open even on this option.

To resovle this open the form in xml format. see the first line there we have something like solution  version. This version get updated evertime we publish the forms on the library or portal. We need to compare this solution version to form which are opening  and change the version and save the form. I tried this and it worked for me.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Info path issue Or get search suggestion and latest updates.