Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Incremental Deployment fail - cannot import because parent /site does not exist.

Asked By: Bradley    Date: Apr 26    Category: MOSS    Views: 2492

The below issue refers to a MOSS 2007 environment with an Authoring and Production Web Application

I have a content deployment issue where by I get the following error.

Content deployment job 'Remote import job for job with sourceID = <id>' failed.The exception thrown was 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException' : 'The file Pages/Forms/Page Layout cannot be imported because its parent web /site does not exist.'

This error occurred when I deleted the Production site and tried to redeploy from the Authoring site. The site deletion was neccessary because Production had the site displaying incorrectly, while Authoring is displaying correctly.

Anyone can provide any insight to this error?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: William Odom     Answered On: Apr 26

Content deployment  Jobs andd Paths will be successful only if the content deployment is one way i.e from the Authoring to the Production.

Here, you have deleted a site in Production. Authoring farm doesn't know about this.

Incase of incremental  deployment: MOSS content deployment maintains a timestamp value and deploys the contents modified in the AUTHORING farm that got changed after the last deployment. As the AUTHORING farm has no clue oin the changes that you have done in the Production farm, you will not get what you expect.

Tagged: