Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Inconsistent Access Denied Pages

Asked By: Zane    Date: May 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 6516

Can someone please tell me if there is something I can do to get more consistency between the various “Access Denied” messages that users get when trying different functions in SPS?

For example, if a user tries to add a new list item when they do not have the permissions, they get an HTML page that displays the menu and a brief message that says “Access Denied”. And if Access Requests are enabled, then they get a form allowing them to request access.

However, if someone tries to upload a document, then they get a blank white page that simply says “Access Denied – You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.”

Finally, if someone tries to use the interface for “Upload Multiple Files”, and they do not have the rights to do so, then they simply get a Windows alert box with the title of “SharePoint” and a message that says “Access Denied”.

I would like for there to be more consistency. Is this possible through some manipulation of the template pages?

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Inconsistent Access Denied Pages Or get search suggestion and latest updates.