Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Imported sharepoint-homepage uses old page templates

Asked By: Nilay    Date: Jun 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1588

I have created a sharepoint solution, a publishing site, containing masterpages, page templates, webparts and list definitions in Visual Studio - this solutions has been deployed on a production-server and a complete homepage has been build based on the solution.

Now I need to update the design of the homepage so I have edited my page templates, list definitions and one webpart (a webpart based on an XML-definition given from Sharepoint Designer showing data fra a list). If I deploy this updated solution to a test-server, create a site collection and some pages I can see that my design is as desired.

To test the new design with the existing homepage I have received an export-file from the production-server and if I import this to the nemly created site collection on my test-server I would expect to see all content from the production site with the new design. I do get all the content but with the old design nor my webpart is updated - but my lists are updated, and if i creates a new page or site this also gets the old design.

What am I missing here?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Carlton Sandoval     Answered On: Jun 14

For your scenario, you should upgrade your solution  on the production  server after testing finished, the exported site  collection contains reference to the solution files, so, it should be based  on the updated  solution file. For detail about upgrade your solution, please refer to:
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287722.aspx
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa543659.aspx

You can also use WSPBuilder (http://wspbuilder.codeplex.com/ ) to upgrade the solution to production server in Visual Studio.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Imported sharepoint-homepage uses old page templates Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: