Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Howto... create an action url to a sharepoint library?

Asked By: Conor    Date: May 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1153

I want to create a link from BDC to documents in a SharePoint library. The BDC contains information about employees, that I want to connect to documents using the last name. I know this can be accomplished by an action, but I don't get the url straigt. It has to end with ?q={0}, and the name of the action parameter has to be LastName. The url of the library is http://server:23451/Docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx, and the library contains documents, which names correspond with possible values of LastName.

Now, when I give the whole url up, it opens the library. It also does not work when I leave the AllItems.aspx away...

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Trinity Scott     Answered On: May 12

You may not be able to open a specific file based on a query parameter, but you should be able to filter that document library  to show only files with that user's information.

If you have a column called "LastName" and a BDC field that would correspond to this, you can use the FilterField1 and FilterValue1 query parameters. You can test this by simply performing a filter on that document library and inspect the URL that is created. It will take the form of .../Allitems.aspx?FilterField1=LastName&FilterValue1=SomeValue.

In your BDC action, simply replace SomeValue with your BDC parameter  and the {0} clause to get it to filter that library

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Howto... create an action url to a sharepoint library? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: