Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to hide "Manage Parameters" menu from the reports in SharePoint

Asked By: Kiara    Date: Mar 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1702

I have a hidden parameter called Department in my reports. I derive the value based on the the UserId that accesses the report and use it to filter the data by that Department.
I use this parameter in Subscriptions to assign the department value so I can generate department-wise reports (since subscription needs stored credentials and I cannot use the Userid to arrive at the department).

When I publish these reports to SharePoint. The users are still able to access the hidden parameter through "Manage Parameters" contextual menu. How can I hide this??

PS: I have assigned the Read permission (the default Visitors type) and it includes the Edit permission to all reports. If I change to just View items only, the reports are not even visible to the users, so it seems I need to assign Edit permission to even view the reports. Any other option available to restrict this?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Courtney Scott     Answered On: Mar 29

The List read  permission is all that is necessary,

The Reports Library has Version Control enabled with major and minor versions... As an admin > use the drop down on both the report  and the data  source then choose publish  a major version > then log in as a user with read only rights just make them a member of the Portal Visitors Group