Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Can I hide fields when exporting lists?

Asked By: Adriane    Date: Apr 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1941

Forgive me as I'm fairly new to sharepoint and don't quite have the jargon down yet. We've created a list via sharepoint, with the ability to use dropdown lists to select different values for some fields and some reqiring text input. They'd like to be able to send different versions of this list to different consultants and allow them to create entries, without them being able to see the values of some of the fields. Is this possible via sharepoint, or will I need to use a database program like sql? Again I apologize for the convoluted nature of this post, but I've been kind of thrown into the frying pan as far as data management at my job and am still learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Candis Kinney     Answered On: Apr 15

If your requirement is to send  different versions  of this list  data to different users, you could switch to Datasheets view and copy the data  to Excel.
Then deleted unnecessary rows and sent the modified Excel to users.
The users could choose to operate with data in Excel or create  a list through Import from Spreadsheet in SharePoint.

If your requirement is to let users collaborate within the list and hide  the columns based on different user groups, the 3rd party solution http://splistdisplaysetting.codeplex.com/ should be helpful.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Can I hide fields when exporting lists? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: