Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Help on managing Permissions with Hosted Sharepoint Instance 2010

Asked By: Sam    Date: Feb 18    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1766

Hi ,

My company has its SharePoint 2010 Application deployed externally by a third Party (i.e. a hosted SharePoint arrangement). We access it via the web using a web URL using it mainly for document collboration. This leads to creation of many folders in some of the libraries. For example the "Project' library; it has folders for each project. Each project folder has a standard predefined structure. Access to a project folder is given to team members of that particular project. So each time a project is created a permission 'Group' is created and all project team is entered in that group as users. All the above is done manually. This is causing a lot of confusion in handling permissions. Also with default permission inheritance, people get access to other projects (i.e. to which they should not have access).

We would like to use external third party tools to manage user permissions better. Is that possible considering that we have a hosted SharePoint arrangement.

Also can we get access to 'Sharepoint Central Administration' with hosted sharepoint arrangement as described above?

Any help with these questions is appreciated. Any link to blogs explaining permissions management for document collaboration in a hosted environment would be useful.

Thanks

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Tagged: