Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Guide me regarding WSP language

Asked By: K k    Date: Jun 23    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1721

How can I make language(Danish 1030) specific wsp files.

I created 4 sites manually on my system. Now my client want solution in WSP files. Thus I choose SharePoint Solution Generator to generate wsp files.

Now I am using Visual studio to deploy solution to get wsp file. Is there any setting regarding language in this step.

Ultimately I want wsp files to give to my client deployable in Danish (1030).

I am not using WSPBuilder because I need the whole site, which I did n't built programmatically. If you know anyway that we can build wsp with the help of WSPBuilder by using site (which is created manually) please let me know.

I have Language pack of Danish installed and it is running properly

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vladi Gubler     Answered On: Jul 04

WSP is multilingual, you can add language  specific resources (resx files) as a part of the solution. Depending on what you need to localize, you need to put the files under Resources or Config\Resources in 12/14 hive.

There are also some language specific folder under some of the folders of 12/14 hive, say Template\1033. For instance, this is where you deploy your site definitions or workflow actions. You can simply include your required path in the WSP and the files will be deployed

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Guide me regarding WSP language Or get search suggestion and latest updates.