Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Grouping Pages

Asked By: Jasen    Date: Jan 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 716

I need to develop a strategy for improving the management, production and access to our company policies and procedures. I am thinking about converting existing word file to html documents/pages. If I use Publishing and the Pages library how can navigation to numerous pages be most easily automated. I will have too many pages to display on the top Nav Bar. Is there some way to group pages, possibly by site columns, so that I can get an nice looking table of contents for all of the content?
the provided table of contents web part seems to provide very limited capability. Am i missing something?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mauricio Tanner     Answered On: Jan 30

Why don't you try something like creating custom "I need to.." web  part and call it as "How do I"..., etc using SharePoint designer?

You can create a DVWP in SPD using your Links list (whic has links to pages, and bookmarks inside the pages) as a data source. Out-of-the-box "I nedd to.." web part  will not support bookmarks.

Here is the link to an article www.endusersharepoint.com/.../i-need-to-web-part, which i refered earlier:

If your requirement is only pages. You can directly use "I need to.." web part from njbblog.blogspot.com/.../...ng-custom-i-need.html.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Grouping Pages Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: