Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

GetRecordRoutingCollection call to MOSS 2007 returns ResultCode InvalidConfiguration

Asked By: Benjamin    Date: Apr 06    Category: MOSS    Views: 877

On Moss 2007 I have created a Records Center site based upon the Enterprise template. I created a new Document library and completed the Record Routing configuration. I was even able to add a Test document to the repository.

I have some sample code application tha attempts to execute a GetRecordRoutingCollection call on the Web Service. I have added a Web Reference to the site http://win-7e16ojgohrp:910/sites/GLS/Records/_vti_bin/OfficialFile.asmx. And the functionality of that site looks good in the Browser. The web page shows all four commands including GetRecordRoutingCollection.

But when the sample application executes

m_repository = new OfficialFileService.RecordsRepository();
m_repository.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
m_repository.Url = repositoryUrl.Text;
string rTypes = m_repository.GetRecordRoutingCollection();

m_repository has a good non-Null value, but rTypes has the result
<ResultCode>InvalidConfiguration</ResultCode>

There are no other error messages. There are no events added to the system Event Log.

How can I find out what is wrong and fix it?
Is MOSS 2007 Record Center site is working properly, what is the InvalidConfiguration ?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Aishwarya Karmarkar     Answered On: Apr 06

I imported the template and added the Routing table entry and corresponding library to my Records center, and the I could call  the web service correctly.

I investigated some cases with the same error message and one case was resolved by creating the site as a site collection in a separate Web application following the recommendation here (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262902.aspx).

Could you please create the Records Center site in a separate Web application and verify whether the issue is resolved?

To answer your question in the previous reply, in order to let the web service work, you need to add the account to the OOB Records Center Web Service Submitters for Records group.