Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Get SiteID of a subsite

Asked By: Bhavika    Date: Sep 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3541

Can anyone tell me is there an easy way to get the siteid of a subsite without using object model?

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ned Storm     Answered On: Sep 10

No there is no way to get SITEID out of the box without using WSS object  model. It will never be part of any of the pages that are rendered.

What is that you would like to do with SITEID that you need it without using WSS API?

Answer #2    Answered By: Myron Calhoun     Answered On: Sep 10

actually we are maintaining the various site info of all created sites in sql table..due to sme n/w issue we missed the info of one subsite  which i need to update manually now....i know we can get the siteid of site collections from central admin(if u select site collection or if u try to delete it the siteid will appear in url.)...
any thoughts??

Answer #3    Answered By: Rena William     Answered On: Sep 10

You might want to check what appears when you are on the DELETE Site page in the site collection. I dont have the MOSS box right now infront of me so can't check it.

Otherwise a simple option is to write a simple console application and run it on the WFE to get the SITE-ID for the sub-site URL. I would prefer writing a simple console app, as that would be handy in case if you want to find multiple site-ids for various sub-sites.

Answer #4    Answered By: Shanda Nolan     Answered On: Sep 10

figured out that using powershell is d best option to query any onj model...let this post help all othrs also

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Get SiteID of a subsite Or get search suggestion and latest updates.