Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to get Reusable Content to show up in subsite?

Asked By: Tabatha    Date: Apr 03    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2189

I have Reusable Content List in my root site collection that contains some custom image layouts and also some custom sub-site navigation that I would like to include in all pages under a particular Subsite. I created a page template that included the resuable content just fine. I can also create a page using this template at teh root level without issue, however; I cannot create a page using this template at a subsite level below the root site collection.

Can someone confirm if this is possible or not. The error I get is:

List does not exist

The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jan Chen     Answered On: Apr 03

The way I would use this code is as follows;

Put the code into a text file, and save it as an ReusableContent.ascx file in 12\template\controltemplates

Create a page  Layout where I will use the control as follows:

Put this at the top;
<%@ Register TagPrefix="MyControl" TagName="ReusableContent" Src="ReusableContent.ascx" %>

Put this where you want to place the control;
<MyControl:ReusableContent ContentID="1" runat="server" />

Notice that ContentID is specifying which item to display, that is the ID of the reusable  Content item from the ReusableContent list.

If this doesn't work for you, there is a similar control written by Vincent Rothwell which displays a drop down box where the user  can select which content  be displayed, when they are editing the page. That control can be found here:
blog.thekid.me.uk/.../...-on-a-public-website.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on How to get Reusable Content to show up in subsite? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: