Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

How to get current user filter work against dashboard filter?

Asked By: Juana    Date: Jun 21    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 4486

I have performance point 2010 work in sharepoint 2010.
I created a simple dashboard, which data retrives from sql ser 2008 SA cube. In the cube, I have roles to controle each different user to see different data. My question is:
Is there any way I can pass the current user (login the sharepoint site) as a filter into the dashboard to do the same function as the role in cube? Then each user can only see whatever s/he can see base on the role logic has been implemented in the cube. For the sake of simple, the process will work like below:
1. get current user from sharepoint site login;
2. pass it to the dashboard;
3. match the user in cube's role to filter data;
4. show the corresponding data out;

I found there is webpart called Current User Filter under Filters category. However, I got blank screen when I tried to configure the webpart to connect to the dashboard part.

I am wondering if it is the right way I should do? And how?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kristian Chaney     Answered On: Jun 21

You can use the "Per user  Identity" setting for the PerformancePoint Data Connection in Dashboard Designer. A domain administrator must configure the Kerberos delegation between PerformancePoint Services and the data sources. For detail, please refer to technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748637(office.14).aspx. And you don't need the Current User Filter web part. PerformancePoint Service will use the SharePoint sign in user account to visit the SSAS cube.

Answer #2    Answered By: Alicia Scott     Answered On: Jun 21

In addition to this option you could also leverage the Custom Data setting. Either one of these options is what you will want to use to be able to pass the user  information to analysis services to leverage the security that you have configured and filter  the data.