Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Generating Reports

Asked By: Johnathan    Date: Aug 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 825

I want to provide a view of automated reports at the End of the day from WSS. Example - if there are 10 people processing and updating the excel Sheets/ lists in WSS, can at the end of the day a report or view be generated as to how many processed, how many complete, open and BDN of all the 10 individually and Collectively ?

If yes, where can I do this and how to go about this?

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Felipe Osborne     Answered On: Aug 25

Care to elaborate what exactly you mean by “how many processed, how many complete, open  and BDN” with regard to excel  sheets and SharePoint lists?

If your query is whether you get reports  about document accesses on SharePoint. The answer is yes. SharePoint Usage Analysis will tell you what documents were accessed by whom and when.

Answer #2    Answered By: Steve Fernandez     Answered On: Aug 25

I’m not looking at which document is accessed by whom and when, each person in the team has been given some specific tasks against which the person fills in the details updating  the status column in an excel  sheet.

Now this kind of work is being done by a team of 10 people  and as a manager I want to see how many issues have been processed, completed, pending etc., by each individual/whole team.

Can we do this kind of reporting in WSS?

Answer #3    Answered By: Travis Turner     Answered On: Aug 25

As far as I know this is not directly possible through SharePoint.

You might have to write some external application that will be able to process the excel  sheets to generate the required information.

Btw this looks like a perfect application for InfoPath. i.e. replace excel with infopath and then you could have any column in the infopath form promoted to the form library (or any other SharePoint list) every time the form is saved. That way you can generate whichever views needed based on the promoted data.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Generating Reports Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: