Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Free SharePoint Tools

Asked By: Dana    Date: May 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3947

Does anyone know of any free online audio, video, documents that could be used to create a "What is SharePoint?" FAQ pages for users. I need something quick and dirty for folks to get quickly acquainted with SharePoint. The audience should be targeted towards the basic user (Reader/Contributor).

Share: 

9 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Harshini Raju     Answered On: May 13

The following attachments may help. One of the attachments was a response by Heather Solomon to this list a couple weeks ago.

Answer #2    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: May 13

check the premium content area under mindsharp, you will find a windows movie on reader course.. im betting that if you went to the training that they would give you more?

Answer #3    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: May 13

I don’t know of anything canned, but you could create  your own with a screen capture tool such as Captivate. http://www.macromedia.com/software/captivate/

It allows you to capture your actions on screen, add arrows and highlight boxes and the such and add audio. I did some for our company, it will take a little time.

There is also the MSFT SharePoint training kit: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Answer #4    Answered By: Chantal Rosa     Answered On: May 13

I'm just getting started doing a few using Camtasia. If you're interested in creating your own, you can download a full version, 30 day trial at http://www.techsmith.com. I picked up a pretty nice USB condenser mic (Samson CO1U) at Sam Ash for $75.

On a side note, I am surprised this topic does not get more attention in the SharePoint world(or maybe it does and I'm looking in the wrong places). It seems that end user  training would be critical in fostering a successful implementation.

Anyone want to offer a few suggestions for an end user training series? I have a few ideas of my own. No promises, but if they turn out alright, I'll share them with those who are interested.

Answer #5    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: May 13

The client I work for also use Camtasia for user  guide, FAQs etc.

Answer #6    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: May 13

We use the MSFT SP Training kit on our public SharePoint site and the feedback we have received was very positive.

Answer #7    Answered By: Alexis Ellis     Answered On: May 13

theres just too much "open frontpage" in the microsoft training.. i have to keep telling users  to skip that part.

Answer #8    Answered By: Percy Beach     Answered On: May 13

Mindsharp does a lot of End User training:
www.mindsharp.com/Default.aspx?top=COURSEWARE

Answer #9    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: May 13

Mindsharp does a free  "Introduction to SharePoint" Live Meeting every
other week. Check it out here:
http://tinyurl.com/ewgh9

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Free SharePoint Tools Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: