Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Folders in a Pages Library

Asked By: Uma    Date: Feb 09    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1286

we have requirement where we need to create hierarchical structure for a publishing site. We need to have folders in pages library so that we can have different sections in the same site. I know folders are not supported in Pages library and even if they are enabled, the pages will be created at root level Pages library only. I cannot keep creating sub sites since we have a very long and wide navigation structure.

Our options are either to use folders in a Pages library and create pages in those folders or create multiple Pages libraries in a single site. Please let me know if anyone has come across such problem and if there is any workaround for it.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rose Silva     Answered On: Feb 09

In ECM (Enterprise Content Management), folders  can often be replaced by metadata and views.
You can add a new column (let's call it "category") in the Page library  and create  a view that groups your pages  by category.

Answer #2    Answered By: Maegan Ellison     Answered On: Feb 09

Both scenarios you've mentioned are not supported. The only way to get things done is to either use meta data with custom views or to create  subsites.

Answer #3    Answered By: Yahaira Shannon     Answered On: Feb 09

Like the other contributors have said, the best way to replicate folders  is to use Metadata but personally I'd just carry on creating  sub-sites, mainly because this makes sure that your pages  stay within the navigation  structre and it makes them a lot easier to follow and a lot more logical.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Folders in a Pages Library Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: