Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Folders disappear when in Sharepoint Explorer view Using FPRPC

Asked By: Audrey    Date: Jun 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2546

The problems occur when I open "shared folders" in explorer view on our sharepoint wss 3.0 site using Win XP SP3, IE 8 connecting with FPRPC.

The reason why we are using FPRPC instead of Web Client is becouse of what I believe is a known issue when using Win XP with IE 8 in explorer view that results in a very slow update.

But the problems I'm facing now is when entering explorer view and changing folders. When I first go into a subfolder and back to the parent folder, the subfolders disappear from the explorer view. Of course they still exists, but they are not shown. If I refresh a few times they appear again, but If a refresh another time they disappear.

It's a big problem since we use the explorer view a lot to manage folders and files in sharepoint. Anyone that has a clue of a solution/workaround to this problem?

(With later os like Windows 7 there aren't any problem, and with Win XP using Web Client it isn't a problem either except that it's really slow)

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Caleb Gordon     Answered On: Jun 16

What is your Office server’s version?

Try to use the following article to fix the issue:

Files do not appear when you use Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) to add a network place shortcut to a Windows SharePoint Services Web site

Check whether you install the following hotfix, if not, install it on your Windows XP, check the result.

Description of the Software Update for Web Folders: May 18, 2007

For more information about SharePoint Explorer View, please refer to the following article:

Whitepaper - Understanding and Troubleshooting the SharePoint Explorer View