Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Folders disappear when in Sharepoint Explorer view Using FPRPC

Asked By: Audrey    Date: Jun 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2571

The problems occur when I open "shared folders" in explorer view on our sharepoint wss 3.0 site using Win XP SP3, IE 8 connecting with FPRPC.

The reason why we are using FPRPC instead of Web Client is becouse of what I believe is a known issue when using Win XP with IE 8 in explorer view that results in a very slow update.

But the problems I'm facing now is when entering explorer view and changing folders. When I first go into a subfolder and back to the parent folder, the subfolders disappear from the explorer view. Of course they still exists, but they are not shown. If I refresh a few times they appear again, but If a refresh another time they disappear.

It's a big problem since we use the explorer view a lot to manage folders and files in sharepoint. Anyone that has a clue of a solution/workaround to this problem?

(With later os like Windows 7 there aren't any problem, and with Win XP using Web Client it isn't a problem either except that it's really slow)

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Caleb Gordon     Answered On: Jun 16

What is your Office server’s version?

Try to use the following article to fix the issue:

Files do not appear when you use Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) to add a network place shortcut to a Windows SharePoint Services Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817929/en-us

Check whether you install the following hotfix, if not, install it on your Windows XP, check the result.

Description of the Software Update for Web Folders: May 18, 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907306/en-us

For more information about SharePoint Explorer View, please refer to the following article:

Whitepaper - Understanding and Troubleshooting the SharePoint Explorer View
www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Tagged: