Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Where can I find an Overview of Enterprise Content Management?

Asked By: Jeana    Date: Mar 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 965

I am gonna develop a product site based on Enterprise Content Management(ECM). I want a basic overview of ECM, some best practices and guidelines to be followed while developing a product site and some useful tips regarding ECM too. Any links or resources if provided could be greatly appreciated

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Selena Glenn     Answered On: Mar 16

The very best reference is the book by WCM/ECM guru Andrew Connell.

This is a link to the Amazon listing of it:

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0470224754/heme0f

(Professional SharePoint 2007 Web Content Management Development: Building WCM Sites with Office SharePoint Server)

Answer #2    Answered By: Jonathon Palmer     Answered On: Mar 16

The book of Andrew Connell talks espacially of Web content  Management (WCM) which is just a part of Enterprise Content Management. When we talk about ecm  that includes WCM, Documents management  and Records mangement. A huge subject.

Here are two links  where you can start :

- Enterprise content management from Microsoft : office.microsoft.com/.../HA102063591033.aspx
- Microsoft ECM team blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/ecm/default.aspx

Answer #3    Answered By: Aastha Patel     Answered On: Mar 16

There is an example on how to develop  custom site  definitions and master pages in the WSS 3.0 SDK documentation : www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

BTW, Andrew Connell's book on WCM has a chapter, the best I ever read, about developing  custom publishing site definition.

Answer #4    Answered By: Akshay Gupta     Answered On: Mar 16

Further to the links  offered here - I'll give you this one to Andrew Connell's own blog.
www.andrewconnell.com/.../MossWcmResources.aspx

It contains links to resources  and videos and downloads that can get you on your way. It contains a section on masterpages and page layouts too.

Tagged: