Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Filters in the view of the custom list

Asked By: Darren    Date: Sep 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1241

I have two AD groups group1 and group2, both of them having two users each >> group1 > groupuser1, groupuser2 and group2 > groupuser3, groupuser4.
I have a custom list in MOSS named as performanceschedule.

I need to create view(s) that if a user from groupuser1 views the list, he can view the items created by himself and his groupfellows and not the items created by the users of the other group(s).

I tried to make a filter but couldn't make a proper filter.

One possible solution part can be that if the querystring is involved, but its not necessary

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Himanshu Gohil     Answered On: Sep 10

You can create custom  event handler to set item level permission on item creation. The custom event handler may run by impersonate the SharePoint system account. Please refer to the fourth method described here: dotnet.org.za/.../...ssion-in-sharepoint-2007.aspx .

Alternatively, you can create  workflow to set item level permission. OOTB SharePoint Designer does not have workflow action to set permissions, you can find helpful third party activities here: http://www.codeplex.com/SPDActivities

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Filters in the view of the custom list Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: