Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Filters -- Choice and SQL Server Analysis Services

Asked By: Adriane    Date: Jul 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1667

I've got the functionality working as expected -- for example, select from an SSAS web part filter which then feeds values into a named range/parameter in a separate
Excel Web Services web part. Similarly I've got a choice filter feeding values to an SSRS report.

The problem is though, when I make the selection in the filter web parts, the value is not displayed when the page renders. In other words, I can pick "2008" in the SSAS filter, it feeds into the Excel Web Services..., BUT I do not see "2008" in the box associated with the SSAS filter, that box is simply blank. I can see what value I picked by selecting the filter icon again to the right of the box, and pulling up the select of selectable values however.

This seems to be the behavior irrespective of the type of filter. So my question is, is this standard behavior? You can pick a filter value, but it doesn't actually display when the page is rendered?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Constance Guerrero     Answered On: Jul 29

Upgrading to lastest SP's didn't solve anything. There's a ton more problems with MapIt v1.1 too, such as the map layers appearing and disappearing depending on whether you are editing the web  part page  or not (layers that are visible during editing mode disappear after you save the web part  and the page).

My advice: go with SQL Server 2008 R2 CTP and wait for the official release to get your GIS capability. See: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee335706.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Filters -- Choice and SQL Server Analysis Services Or get search suggestion and latest updates.