Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Filtering a list view for a specific date range..

Asked By: Chandrak    Date: Dec 22    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 13198

I am trying to create a list view which filters for records a specific month based on a date column.
For example - I would like to see all entries where the column has a date that is within the current month, and
another view which has entries who date column falls in the next month within the upcoming month.

(I Want to use only OutOf the Box Functionality that is with the By Creating View on the list)
please provide the solution with the steps

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Akshara Sanghavi     Answered On: Dec 22

You will have to use the Filters in the listview and with the date  Column you will have to write a formula and use the Filter with an AND/OR condition. Basically you will have to use:

Greater than or Equal To and
Less than or Equal To.

with the same DATE COLUMN.

Now in the value Filter condition column  write the formula using the DATE FUNCTIONS listed in the following link on the same date column. We know each month  starts with 1 as 1st day but we need the month and year also, for end of the month day you will have to use EOMONTH and MONTH functions. This is a little complex functions to write but this post should get you started on writing the function: blog.ray1.net/.../...culated-fields-use-excel.html%20and%20Time%20functions

For Date functions check this article:
office.microsoft.com/.../HP100622881033.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Filtering a list view for a specific date range.. Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: