Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to use Filter Web Parts with Excel Services Pivot tables

Asked By: Keely    Date: Sep 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 7307

something very easy: I have a filter Web Part (data from SSAS) and a Excel sheet with a Pivot table getting some data from the same cube... I have a filter in the pivot table for the year... So I have defined the filter web part to display the years from the same dimension I used for the pivot table's filter.

The idea was to have multiple excel files on a dashboard and all are filtered by year using the filter web part.

The question is: What do I have to do in Excel to define that the filter web part can overwrite the filter in the Pivot table? What do I have to do to link the Excel files (running in Excel Services) to the Filter Web Part?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kabeer Karkare     Answered On: Sep 28

When you are creating a pivot  table, have a report parameter say Year in the Pivot table. Name the cell displaying the Report Parameter of the Pivot table  say Year and publish this as a parameter in Excel Services. Then connect the SSAS filter  web part  to the Excel web  Access web part. One point to take note of is that values passed by the SSAS filter web part will be enclosed in box brackets. E.g. [2004] You can disable this in the SSAS filter web part options.

Tagged: