Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Extranet SharePoint

Asked By: Rey    Date: Apr 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 690

I am working on an extranet deployment of SharePoint and I'm running into some problems. We are setting up a separate deployment of SharePoint (with one AD Server, one DB Server, and one WSS Server) on it's own subnet and firewalled away from our internal network and from the internet, with the following exceptions:
port 443 on the WSS Server will be open to the outside world
ports necessary to facilitate a one-way trust with the internal AD Domain.
port 1433 from the internal network to the DB Server.

Our setup is as follows:
An Active Directory Server (ADx) with a one-way trust of the internal AD Domain.
A Database Server (DBx) running SQL 2000 SP4
A SharePoint Server (SPx) running WSS v2, SP2
A SharePoint Server (SPi) running SPS v2, SP1 (to be upgraded to SP2, or replaced with a separate WSS Server)

We are trying to run an inward facing server (SPi) for our internal users to use. If possible, it will be conected to our internal SPS portal. If not, it will run on it's own WSS box. The external SharePoint Server (SPx) will be used by our partners outside the company. They will have accounts created in the ADx domain. Our Information Security Guy requires that no internal credentials be stored on the perimeter network. This prevents us from having everyone access through SPx because to add internal users to a site, if they don't already exist in SP, SP can't look them up because it needs internal credentials to do the LDAP query.

This is where the problem comes in. The Content Database needs to be owned by the admin worker process on the WSS box, but I can't use an internal account on the external box for security reasons, and I can't use an external account on the internal box because the trust only goes one way (again, for security reasons). Is there any way around this? Maybe with SQL Server 2005? Any other suggestions?

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Extranet SharePoint Or get search suggestion and latest updates.