Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009-Solution Need

Asked By: Darci    Date: Jul 29    Category: MOSS    Views: 1747

In MOSS 2007 Std, Site Action>site settings> My report . when i am opening the same the following error is coming Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009.

I have updated all security and cumulative and hotfixed but no gain.. while searching the MS web and SharePoint Fourm, they advice two things

1.Hot fix for above error(WSS 3.0 Julyor june 2008)
2.re-creating the site collections

I have updated the hotfix, no result again the same problem is coming. re-creating the site collection is not possible in my Office environment, we have around 150 subsites which is presently live.

In system event no error -every thing fine.

This error might be due to core.xml Corrupt, but i have not replaced the core.xml file.

If any body faced the same , please post you solution.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Shelley Reese     Answered On: Jul 29

are you able to access another options/link from site action-->settings e.g. site features, site and workspace etc.

do callstack=true and customerror=Off into web.config and send me screenshot of error.

Answer #2    Answered By: Omar Arnold     Answered On: Jul 29

I am able to access other options like as you mentioned.

Could you please explain how to put the required altration in web.config(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config).

I am not much aware of coding and modification in SharePoint Server 2007.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009-Solution Need Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: